This is my WA5ZNU page, for ham stuff.
ARRL Ham Radio for Arduino and PICAXE
Interested in getting your ham radio license?
See my articles from 2013,
2004, and my
2004-2010 web log.
- Yaesu VX-2R
- Yaesu FT-817 (and LDG Z11 and Z100 and Elecraft T1)
- Elecraft KX1 (see how I carry it with me like an HT)
- Elecraft K2, KX3, K3
- HW-16 (to replace WN5ZNU's lost one) and an HG-10B (instead of
my old VF-1). Not yet working...
- A Drake TR-4C from my father, N5LK
I am working on Linux software for PSK31:
- pskmeter software for the pskmeter
- Updates to gMFSK (not yet published).
- A client-server protocol for PSK, for remote operation via a
Java applet, for example, and to separate the signal processing
from the user interface. (See client. Server not yet published.)
- I got my Novice license in 1969, progressed through Technician
and General, then Advanced, and upgraded to Extra just before my
birthday in 2004. I also held an Element IX license and opreated at
50KW on 300 meters for a few years ;-)
- I have been active off an since then, I am now active on 2M and
- As a novice, my 7th contact was Hawaii on 40m, 75 watts into a
trapped inverted Vee, on a Heathkit HW-16. I also worked Texas as
DX on my 180mW QRP rig OX-1, with the amplifier running on a 9V
- I was state network coordinator for NAVMARCORMARS in the early
1970's, but am no longer a member of MARS.
See my QRZ.com
See my QSL card generator in PostScript.
I am QRV on PSK31 mostly on 20 and 40, and CW on 40/30/20 in
early and late evenings. On weekends I like to go HFPacking with my FT-817 or KX3 and Pac-12 vertical or a 20M
838 Rorke Way
Palo Alto, CA, 94303-4409
Grid Square CM87wk
Lat/Lon: 37.428833 N 122.114667 W
Space Weather courtesy n3kl.org
Leigh L. Klotz Jr. WA5ZNU